Choosing a coworking space: a checklist for CEO’s
As the coworking industry grows, you may be wondering how to choose a coworking space.
While competition is often good for consumers because it drives up value and drives down the price, it can be overwhelming to sort through all of the available coworking options.
However, coworking spaces can have many benefits for you and your team, so it’s worth doing our due diligence to find the best fit.
With that in mind, here’s a checklist for CEO’s on how to choose the right coworking space:
Advantages & benefits
First off, why choose a coworking space, to begin with?
Fair question. Executive suite office space rentals and traditional coworking spaces aren’t for everyone, but you’d be surprised how well they fit most people’s needs. Here are just a handful of the benefits you can expect:
- Lower office expenditures since there are no long-term leases, additional facilities management staff to hire, or expensive utilities. You pay a flat fee and share expenses with everyone else.
- Greater work flexibility and scalability because as your company grows, you can simply buy more memberships to give your team a place to work. No more knocking down walls or buying expensive furniture.
- Enhanced human connections since you’re working side-by-side with like-minded individuals who either own their own business or work remotely. That means more networking opportunities.
- Greater productivity since you’re free from the typical distractions you’d encounter from a home office, and everyone can find a space in which they work best.
The list goes on, and so do the possibilities for growth. If you’re ready to reap those benefits, book a tour today, and we’ll show you the way.
As a CEO, you’ve got to strike the right balance between being economical and still being at the heart of where your customers are employees live. Where you’re located says a lot about your company. Choosing a great location can make it easier for everyone to connect with potential customers and simultaneously allow your employees to enjoy local amenities like restaurants, luxury living, and nightlife.
Community and culture are essential these days. For many, being part of an uplifting and invigorating community is more important than earning more money. Choosing a coworking space that fits your company culture is key. Look for spaces that foster community and offer a community similar to the one you’ve built within your own company.
3. Utilities / Amenities
The ability to hire a boardroom when you need it or scan a last-minute document is important when picking a coworking space. Ideally, you’d have everything you need and nothing more, so you’re not paying for excess that you’ll never use or appreciate. At a minimum, you’ll need the tools that boost productivity like high-speed internet, ergonomic seating, and plenty of space to do what you do best.
Beyond the basics, you’re going to want to check a few more boxes. Some extra amenities are worth considering, especially if you’re spending a lot of time at your coworking space and would appreciate a few niceties and wiggle room. Here are some to think about:
- An in-house cafe, bar, or luxury lounge helps promote work-life balance.
- Flexible office space like meeting rooms in case you have clients or teammates in from out of town.
- Mail service so you can put down a business address and keep work and home life separate.
- Private offices and executive suite offerings are good to have on-site should you ever like to grow your business or give yourself dedicated space.
A trial pass can help you get a feel for the environment before committing to a full month.
Last but not least, it’s important to make sure the coworking space or executive office space aligns with your budget. Look for tiered offerings such as:
- Basic memberships that provide access to a bullpen of desks that are first-come-first-serve and get basic amenities.
- Premium memberships that offer access to more amenities and perhaps a dedicated desk.
- Executive memberships that act as all-access passes to the amenities and a dedicated office.
Some spaces even offer suites so companies can have multiple employees with their own space on-site.
Booking a space / tour
Finding flexible workspaces near you isn’t hard, especially if you live near a larger city in Australia. Look for a coworking space that fits your unique needs, that appreciates both form and function, and that has all the amenities you expect.